View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
ddeb1 ddeb1 is offline
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
ddeb1 HB User
Re: Needle Biopsy or Wait 6 Months?

I just had a stereotactic core needle biopsy on a cluster of microcalcifications noted from my mammo this past December. These had been there about 5 years but because they were now clustered, they recommended biopsy.

I was very scared and nervous and had a horrible experience with the procedure itself. If you can, ask for a sedative.

I too questioned whether I should have done now or wait 6 months, since they had been there for 5 years. My results came back B9.