Thread: "Bone quality"?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: "Bone quality"?

Hi,

I had the osteopenia diagnosis in the beginning of last year. I too didn't want to take any of the meds even had a dr friend tell me not to! But then I started left shoulder pain and it kept getting worse. Had an MRI and it showed osteoarthritis along with a tear and some bone spurs.

Had to have surgery. No way around it and about that same time started on prolia injections twice a year. I really fought that too, I was scared to take it.

Well after my surgery I found out it was pretty bad in there he cleaned up what he could. Said it would have to be replaced down the road, yuk!

I had extensive pt very painful it even partially froze had to go back under anesthesia and get it manipulated to break away the scar tissue which is dangerous with osteo. Something could break but didn't.

I still have a lot of pain in that shoulder and I sure wish I had started a preventative sooner.

Go for my 2nd inj next week btw. No side effects to date knock on wood.

Hope this wasn't too long or scary. Cathy