View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Newbie needs help

I saw your post.

First here is my surgical history:

-- 1994 lumbar surgery herniated discs;
-- 1995 cervical surgery for stenosis;
-- 1997 lumbar surgery with Harrington Rods;
-- 2000 cervical surgery for kyphosis w/Harrington rods C3 to T4
-- 2006 Spinal Cord Stimulator for pain;
-- 2011 Spina Cord stimulator removed;
-- 2012 Trial Intrathecal pain pump -- morphine
-- 2013 PERMANENT Intrathecal Pain pump implanted.

Symptoms now:

-- weaness in the arms; radiating pain into fingers; neuropathy of the legs; severe nerve damage in nck/lumbar area; arthritis
-- other issues: focal cord atrophy in neck; myelomalaica; focal cord atrophy C4-7; loss of disc height.

I note that you have stenosis in the neck. This concerns me. If pressure isnt taken off the nerves then there is risk of permanent nerve damage.

I assume therpy/physical and medication has been tried. If all else has failed then I dont see what other options there are for you but surgery. Yes it is your choice. Sounds like the pain is severe enough since you said the pain is severe enough for srugery to be done.

But you have to be ready MENTALLY as well to proceed sith the surgry. Have you obtained a 2nd or 3rd opinion? I would recommend it if you need help in deciding. And make sure that your doctors are trained in spine surgery. I would recommend either a neurosurgeon or orthopedist.

I think beyond the additiional opinion you need to do a lot of soul searching to find out what the right answer is for YOU. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to pebblebeach3 For This Useful Post:
Bionic neck (01-19-2013)