View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. Can anyone else relate?

I just wanted to say - hang in there! BPD gets easier to cope with as you get older... I've struggled with anxiety, depression, agoraphobia, and 'borderline traits' since I was in my early twenties. I didn't think I'd make it to 30, I didn't think I'd ever have a relationship, and I certainly didn't see myself having a normal life. Guess what? I'm going to be 42 this year and I've been married for eight years. And more importantly, it's been TEN years since I took my emotions out on myself physically. Things to remember -however black things appear, YOU DESERVE TO LOVE YOURSELF. You are NOT responsible for the behaviour of the rest of the world. You are only responsible for YOU. And you deserve love and kindness and compassion, from yourself most of all. Treat yourself with love, and gradually the rest will fall into place.