View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
(male)

Madz HB User
Hi, need some help with disabled daughter.

I am need of advice/help.

I am a single father of a very wonderful 13 year old girl. Her mother left when she was just a baby because she didn't want to be a mother. I've raised her all on my own for the most part.

The reason I am posting is that 5 days ago, she and I were involved in a very bad automobile accident. We were hit on the passenger side and it totaled the car. I was lucky and only ended up with some cuts, bruises and an injured shoulder. She was not near as lucky. She lost her right arm and broke her right leg badly.

As a father, I wish more than anything it would have been me, it's been horrible all around and she will be leaving the hospital in a few days but now I am going to have to pretty much do everything for her from now on. I am very happy to help of course, and I want her to get help as needed as well, but I am going to have to help bathe, dress, cook etc. for her and I want to know if anyone has any thoughts on how this could be made easier for both of us.

We live in a very rural area and there isn't much help here. I am fortunate to have a lady friend that has offered to help when she can of which I am very thankful, but she is busy a lot so it won't be that often.

One thing we have going is that we have a great relationship. My daughter and I get along very well and we do many things together. I just feel so bad for her and want to make this as easy for her as possible.

Thanks for any help!