View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
(female)

Niviob HB User
Re: Is the doctor right? lab results

I posted my experience on that dose earlier but here it is for you:
Sept 26: TSH - 7.96

On Sept 27 I started 100mcg of Synthroid. - I go in tomorrow morning for new testing (no pill and fasting) ... TSH and Free T4 ... stupid dr. doesn't believe in Free T3 - one battle at a time.

3 hours after my first pill my heart rate had increased to a more realistic 66bpm (it had been sitting in the 40's and 50's and I really am not an Olympic athlete). At the same time my blood pressure dropped to 117 / 81 so yay!

However, this first pill made me high. Just talking a mile a minute and a bit loopy. It wore off in about 6 hours - fun while it lasted. I had a slightly muted reaction on the 2nd pill.

It has been 6 weeks on this dose. I find that there has been some improvements but it has been like 3 steps forward 2 steps back. Some days I feel great - ran 5k for the first time in 4 years, but when I got back the rest of the day (and a couple more) I was just exhausted. I know I probably pushed it but I want to get back to me.

I see sawed back and forth... one day I will feel OK the next few days I was a dead beat again. It has never gotten as bad as it was which is good. I don't have to nap during the day but I'm still sleeping 9 - 10 hours and I have to set alarm to get up at 9.

Positives - heart rate - in the 60s and 70s now. Blood Pressure stabilized - I know that it is not supposed to be related but mine seems to be.
Tingling in hands an feet - gone (Actually the 2nd week it got way worse but its gone now)
Muscle spasms gone (again it got really bad the 2nd week)
Itchiness gone
Headaches mainly gone - still drinking way too much caffeine trying to combat the tiredness.
Able to exercise more ... more endurance ... same horrible recovery.
Sweating - yup I now do this appropriately ... I haven't sweat for more than 4 years ... didn't notice that fact till it came back. ... could have lived without this.
Negatives - still tired and brain dead some days worse than others.
A clump of hair fell out yesterday ... was not impressed.

I have been carefully monitoring my symptoms and I don't seem to be going into Hyper territory at all.

.... continued

12 weeks on this dose and my TSH went to .13 and the free T4 at 100% of the range. I felt mostly great except my left eye started twitching. We agreed that I should drop down to 88. Been on this for about 4 weeks. First 3 weeks were pretty draggy but feeling better this week.

Summary: If I had to do it again I would have preferred to start lower - say 75 and work up. It is is less wonky that way.

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Niviob For This Useful Post:
FinnMaid (01-20-2013)