View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
(female)

beachbum75 HB User
Re: Young, healthy- unexplainable high blood pressure

I'm also a 37 year old female. I'm 5'7" and 122 lbs. I workout/weight train twice a week and I'm very active. I think I could use a little more cardio though. I don't smoke or drink. I've always had a fast pulse for as long as I can remember. I've had high blood pressure (sys in high 140's and low 150's & dia in high 90's) for about a year and I finally decided to find out why. My blood test shows hypothyroidism but I'm being retested tomorrow because I think I messed up my results by not fasting and working out right before the test. My doctor put me on Lisinopril and after my first dose my hands and feet swelled up so he took me off and told me to make an appt to come in and he'll put me on a different one. I decided to try to treat it with supplements instead. I'm on my 3rd day and my blood pressure is down to 116/84. I still can't believe how well it's working and how fast. I'm taking Coq10, Michael's blood pressure factors, and Bell Blood pressure formulation combo. My pulse is still too high. It's 108 and I'm just sitting down. I can only imagine how high it goes when I'm exercising.