View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: A new cure for Acid Reflux/LPR?...I am keen for your

In my opinion, there is no "cure" for acid reflux.

This procedure does seem promising. It is just another version of procedures that are addressing the issue of the lower esophageal sphincter not functioning properly.

If you are someone that has tried lifestyle changes and other medical interventions with little or no success and have severe acid reflux issues, I think surgery does become an option.

At this point, it really becomes about which surgical option is the best for you.

I will agree that this procedure seems much less invasive than the Nissen Fundoplication I had. I'd have tons of questions for my surgeon about having magnets in the body and long-term effects that it may have. Some schools of thought out there discuss how having the metal in the body can mess with the electrical flows in the body. That is more on the naturopathic side of things though.

Nothing that I've heard of cures acid reflux. I will say that getting control of the symptoms can be a lifesaver, both literally and figuratively.

Good discussion though.