View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

CrossMyHeart HB User
Unhappy Digestive problems, gynecological problems, or both?

Hello,

This is my first post on HealthBoards. I am a 22 year old female who has not had any health problems until recently. Since October 2012, I have been experiencing strange symptoms: bloating, feeling a tingling sensation in my perineum and rectum, a pressure and a feeling of fullness in my rectum (I have normal bowel movements), and tightness and tenderness of my vaginal opening and surrounding vulva. Also, I periodically have bouts of frequent urination. Symptoms get worse around my period where it gets so uncomfortable to sit down because of the pressure and pain down there.

I was symptom free for about a month before things got worse again after my period. I have been to many doctors for this issue only to be sent away after many a negative urinalysis for a UTI. I went to a gynecologist only to writhe in pain after she inserted the speculum; that was extremely painful. Nothing abnormal was found. No BV and no yeast. I have also had an ultrasound, but I was just examined externally (I refused to have a scope put inside because the speculum was painful enough). Nothing abnormal there either.

I don't know what's the matter with me. My doctors are not taking me seriously. I don't know what tests I should ask for next. All I know is, I don't want to feel this way anymore. When my symptoms come around, my life revolves around going to the restroom several times a day and trying to manage my discomfort through school and work. If anyone has experienced the same symptoms, please reply back.