View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: anxiety problem?

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time! While I obviously can't experience pregnancy myself ;-), I Imagine with all those hormones and physical stress it's not surprising that it can throw you off. Post-partum depression and struggles, just like ANY anxiety struggles are nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. I think we, as people, often view our struggles unfairly because we look around us and see everyone seemingly doing so well. Yet as you say yourself others have little to no idea what you are going through!

Anxiety and stress can throw us off physically as well as mentally. Since you are concerned about how you are feeling your first step should be your doctor. That will help you rule out any other problems and from there you could start seeing a therapist to address your anxiety and panic.

There are some good books out there that you can use to address your anxiety too. I've found "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" useful. Doing a search for anxiety books on Amazon would be good too. Also there is the Anxiety Center link at the top of these forum pages that lists some good resources.