View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
(female)

kiwidinok HB User
what should I do?

I have been having trouble for a while and doctors have not been to helpful. My counts have been steadily going down. My cycles were never heavy and no more than 3 days max. In August of last year I had a 21 day cycle, then in Sept one that last 30 days. In Oct I had one that was 28 days. My gyn did an ablation in Nov 2012 and I have not had a period since. I was on 325 mg of iron for over six months prior to the ablation and took iron supplements for over a full year in addition to that. My pcp had me stop the 325 mg the middle of Dec and said I should no longer need it and to just eat a bowl of fortified cereal.

I have moved and am seeing another PCP he ran an extensive panel. My ferritin serum is a 5 and my HB is a 9. In Nov. my HB was a 10.3 and my Ferritin was an 11. According to both my gyn and my prior pcp my counts should not have gone down after the ablation.

I have recently started loosing my hair and am sooo exhausted. This new primary care wants me to have a spinal tap. I tested very high on my CRP and ESR for inflammation. I have been running low grade fevers in the evening, having horrible night sweats (that my gyn says is not related to hormones)and a dry cough for over six months. My question is: with the recent drop in my ferritin serum should I insist on getting a referral to a hematologist? Your thoughts are much appreciated. I really feel like crap and have no energy at all!

Thanks in advance,
K