View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: Can someone tell me about fistula's?

Thanks for your story bob IIb. My friend just got out of the hospital after a 2 week stay regarding the fistula. It is almost healed, so they say, and I sure hope so. So also had a lot of fluid around her lungs so they put in a chest tube. She has a wound care nurse treating her at home now. This operation is one of the worst I have ever seen but if can cure you or give you 10 more years or so, then it is worth it. She had no nodes includes but she did have her ascending bowel removed because the tumor was wrapping around it. She did have 3 months of chemo to shrink the tumor before surgery and after surgery she will a few more. This has been going on since August 2012. Is it almost over? I sure hope so! Thanks for sharing you information bob. Many things are alike between you and her. I don't know your age but she is 45. You and her are very lucky to have found the cancer soon! I know that you probably know how fast these nasty things grow. I wish they can come up with a specific pancrease blood test, besides the usual so all people can catch it early.
Hope things continue to get better for you and always stay upbeat! Linda

Last edited by NJLinda; 01-21-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: post more