View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Going backwards...

Hey all,
I've been FWB for about a month (surgery, the usual tendon transfer, heel shift, arch rebuilt and Achilles lengthening was 9/25/12), in an ankle brace for 2 weeks. I've been in PT for 4 weeks and was doing really well. Last Friday they had me do theraband stretches side to side for the first time. Oh Lord! It was like I went back 4 weeks! Lots of pain when I walk, swollen and holding on to furniture as I walk by. Anybody else experience this? Does it last long?
On a side note, my mom took a bad fall and is bedridden (and I mean bedridden) for 6 weeks. We are trying to care for her in her home but it means a lot more walking (the twisty-turny hard kind) and a less rest and icing for me. Have to try to do better with that.
Thanks for any replies and all you new post ops, I've been following all your posts. Y'all are doing great!
Ginger