View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
(female)

Serenity0202 HB User
Re: Starting to think my sinus problem is TMJ instead!

Yes, the doctors have no idea how debilitating it can be. I suppose they are so used to seeing sick people that they start to lose the ability to sympathise. For them it's routine and they see it every day. While we're not used to living/feeling like this. It takes over your whole life. Since March last year I've had 20 sick days off work, spent thousands on doctors and medicine. I don't have a social life anymore. I literally just live one day to the next trying the cope with the symptoms and NOBODY understands!

I think the bleeding is quite common with prolonged sinus problems. I've had it on and off for a few years and almost constantly for the past 2 months. Every time I "neti pot" or blow my nose there seems to be traces of blood.

So you've decided to go ahead with the Septoplasty/Turbinate surgery? I think you're making the right decision. I've spoken to a few people who have done it and as well as read many accounts/blogs online of people who have done it. And I have yet to find someone with a deviated septum, concha bullosa or both who regretted having the procedure.

I know 2-3 months seems like a lifetime when you're suffering but it goes quickly. I found out I needed to have this surgery in September last year and I had already been sick since March and I'm only have the op next week.