View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

memser HB User
Unhappy Had every test in the book and can't figure out what is wrong!!??

I am 33 year old female. I have been having digestive issues for a couple of months. About 2 and a half months ago I came down with what the dr's think was a virus. I had achy lymph nodes and body aches and some trouble catching my breath for like a week. They thought it was bronchitis at first and gave me a z-pack. It did not help. Slowly the lymph node and body aches went away but I began burping a lot, having a lot of single hiccups, which is odd for me. Then it progressed to chest pain, burning, reflux type symptoms. Then it began to where I would get sick sometimes when I eat. Sometimes just nauseous but other times I would throw up too. It is still going on. I get nauseous a lot, have stomach aches and middle of the back aches after eating. Still having reflux symptoms, feel like food is sitting in my esophagus a lot. Tried zantac and prilosec and Dexilant with no help. Also tried DGL and Aloe Vera juice, tums and maalox. I have been hospitalized 3 times in the past 3 weeks because I became so dehydrated and weak from not being able to eat. Here is the list of tests I had done:

numerous bloodwork
3 chest x-rays
complete upper abdominal ultrasound
abdominal CT
upper gi/small bowel series
gastric emptying study
HIDA scan
endoscopy

They have found nothing wrong with any of the tests! I am at a loss for what to do...the dr's say there isn't any other tests they can run.

What could this be? The past couple days I have not been throwing up and have been able to eat 3-4 small meals. I was only nauseous since Friday just this morning when I woke up and then it mostly subsided. I am still dealing with the stomach aching/middle back pain though. Oh, and the constant burping/hiccups and sometimes feel like food is still sitting in my esophagus, but not every time I eat. The middle back pain hasn't been going on the entire 2 months I have been dealing with this though, it's a newer symptom that has started this week. It may be that that is unrelated and just that I am having back pain from laying down so much in the hospital recently. I have no idea anymore and can't make sense of what's going on in my body.