View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: How Can I Find Out If I Have Lupus?

Hi. After you study the stickies, you could try your local library. Reading helped me tremendously. I took everything my early doctors said at face value (silly me). Once I read & saw more doctors, I'd find myself thinking, Gee, that one asked none of the right questions (etc.). So I decided to try a teaching hospital rheumie, and with him, I knew immediately that I was good hands because he was so "by the book".

Those "alternative criteria" knocked my socks off! I met almost all of them, starting young. My lupus had stayed fairly mild, so in one way, that was great. Yet, conversely, that made me harder to diagnose. The more severe it is, the easier it is to diagnose, as a general rule.

Anyway, I hope your upcoming GI test & liver followup help your doctors to rule more things in/out. Drop a line whenever the mood strikes. Wishing you more clarity soon & better days ahead! My best, Vee