View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
Hi FHL

I see you got a post in I had not read while I was composing my last one. Glad to read you seem to have a good group of docs, other than the surgeon. Hopefully they can better control your pain while you look for a complete and good diagnosis.

I had a couple very rough years while having a useless operation, lots of useless injections, and months of harmful physical therapy. All the while trying to get an accurate diagnosis. A test that help put the puzzle together was a myelogram with contrast CT. Now I have a good PM Dr. and pain program that includes narcotics, safe helpful PT, appropriate restrictions on activities, and nutrition supplements. Pain is controlled enough now that I lead a reasonably normal retirement. I just have to be careful in what I physically do. Left arm is pretty useless. I can pick up and hold a glass of water in it, but not drink from without making a mess. I have a series of light exercises I do to keep range of motion and some muscle tone. Fortunately, it is all on the left side sand I am right handed.

Hopefully you will still get benefit from your ACDF surgery while you and your doctors figure it all out.

Your very welcome, glad my input might be helpful.