View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Off meds for 13 months. Symptoms returning?

H there and welcome to healthboards. Congratulations on the birth of your son. As you have heard and probably already know, pregnancy can bring on remission, whereas delivery can bring on relapse. Having given birth, is probably what is triggering these symptoms. The fact that you want to wait another month for breastfeeding, shouldnt be a problem, because even if your doctor wants you on a drug, its going to take 2-3 weeks to get it started...you can put it off a month if you wanted to.

Its time to start thinking of long term effects for you in the near future. In order to be a good mom, you have to be healthy. Talk to your doctor about COpaxone the safest of the drugs for pregnancy...or ask him about LDN - its not approved in this country, but widely used for MS. Its also safe for pregnancy. I am on LDN myself and really like it. Its an oral drug, which has been proven to be beneficial and is currently being studied for MS approval.

I wish you the best....
Nikki