View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
(female)

charlotte890 HB User
Re: Gallbladder Surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataay17 View Post
I've been having digestive problems for the past three years. It started as a feeling of pressure and air on my right side and turned into nausea after eating 8 months ago. My doctor FINALLY did a HIDA scan and apparently my gallbladder is functioning at a 1% ejection fraction or maybe it's functioning at 1% (whatever that means)? Besides the really bad nausea (that was almost not noticeable when I took Omeprazole) and pressure on my right side I've been OK. I was wondering if that's strange. If it's only functioning at 1% shouldn't I feel awful?

Also, I probably have to get it taken out. I'm talking to a surgeon Feb. 1. I'm only 21 and am very skinny. I have no idea how this happened. I've heard some people have terrible after-effects when the surgery is completed so I'm pretty terrified about the surgery. What have people's experiences been? I appreciate anyone's feedback!
Hello!!

your symptoms sound exactly like mine!! Obvs its horrible to feel that way, but thank god there is someone out there on identical medication and having the same feelings.

I have been booked in for an ultrasound, but do you know if they will do a HIDA too by default? As Im pretty sure it'll be low function rather than gall stones (if indeed there is a problem). I too am 21, same size and weight as you haha, very skinny

When is the surgery? Congrats on getting a diagnosis!!

x