Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
I'm back

Hi all
I'm back to the board if you'll have me!

I've been doing so so. Still struggle with my roxys. I got a script for dilauded for my very severe migraines but have managed to NOT abuse them. I get no high from them whatsoever and they almost don't help with my pain.
Scary. Pill struggles out there/ chronic pain patients, this is what happens when you have a huge tolerance.... it becomes very hard to control your pain. I mean 4mg tabs of dilauded should work, and yet, I barely get relief at my most desperate moments.

Anyway- a positive step I'm going to do is ask my doctor next week to lower my over all my overall number of pills I get a month. I don't need 180 15mg roxys a month. That's what gets me in trouble. I have all the extra pills. So I'm going to ask to go down to 150 or so a month. And then when I see her 2 months later, I'll go to 120 etc until I find a level that controls my pain, but doesn't allow me to have so many to play around with. See if that works as I cannot use any other migraine meds to control my pain except narcotics, so I'll have to see if I'm able to control things once I have a smaller script... For now, im just going one step at a time.

Wish me luck! I go see the doc either end of this week or start of next. I'm nervous.
But I'm starting (again) to do lots of other positive things on a consistent basis... I hike all the time, been much more social, looking for work, dating a little... So pills have to get under control or I'll never really move forward.
Cutting down my script is the first official move I've ever made with a doctor to try and get a handle on things... (besides asking to come off morphine).
I'll keep you guys posted!
I hope everyone is well and fighting the good fight! My friends here are never far from my mind, no matter how long I am away from the board.
Good vibes!
W

Last edited by Wendy88; 01-22-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Spelling errors and clarity

The following user gives a hug of support to Wendy88:
Phoenix (01-26-2013)