View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
At my PM in rural NC

I will find out about Medicare when I switch in 3 months. My PM's standard office visit is only $95 To $130, 10 to 20 minutes. He gets my $50 copay and $10 to $25 more from my BCBS insurance. When he does an in-house UA he bills another $380 and BCBS pays $200 more. He is a GP with additional training and certification in PM.

If you have no insurance he bills the full retail, and hopes you'll pay, I guess. If you negotiate they will settle pretty fast and easily for just the BCBS approved amounts of $60 to $75. Plus $200 for UA. Negotiate a little harder and the UA drops a little further.

If he trusts you and you have insurance, you get a UA about half your visits. If you have no insurance and he trusts you, UAs drop back to once every 3 or 4 months.