Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: I'm back

Hi Wendy

It is always good to see you posting, girl. :-)

Lots of applause here for you in asking to have the number of pills per month cut down. That's a great way to take some control. In involving our doctors in any way we do, I think we begin to feel responsible to honestly follow through. I know having my doctors fully involved was a safe-guard for me in getting off the oxycodone as well as the xanax. I felt... ummm,... an obligation to them becuase I knew they were rooting for me and I did not want to let them down.

Also, getting out and about and participating more in the real world. Honestly, it makes tears well up here. Tears because I remember how hard it was to get living again. How much I wanted it and had to struggle to find it. baby steps.. that was how it came for me, in little baby steps. and here you are hiking, being social, dating a bit. All good things, Wendy.

My mantra from my doctor to me and now to you... "You are getting stronger and better everyday."
Hugs
reach

The following user gives a hug of support to reachout:
Phoenix (01-26-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
Wendy88 (01-22-2013)