View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

Dotts HB User
is celiac diagnosis worth the trouble?

I went gluten free for 3 weeks after symptoms suggesting gluten intolerance. It did me a world of good and I went back on gluten for three weeks to take a blood test for celiac disease which came out negative.

The plan was to be gluten free for four months and then eat gluten for two months and get a biopsy. However...

I have been gluten free for 4 weeks and my life is completely different. I have no stomach or bowel problems, no intense anxiety, I'm not tired all the time, I have energy, motivation, I'm trying new things, I'm just generally a more happy and positive person when I never was before. And even my night blindness got better and I Have a normal menstrual cycle when I never have before.

I'm worried about the intense symptoms and what it puts my body through when I go back eating gluten again for a long period of time. I get severely physically I'll with stomach cramps, diarrhea and severe anxiety and depression with severe anemia and fatigue.

so my question to people with celiac disease is that is a diagnosis result worth the intense return of symptoms?

||||| GLUTEN- FREE |||||