View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Re: Percocet/Fentanyl False Negative

I wanted to say I would never leave my urine anywhere, without my name clearly stated on the label. I am always asked (in both my PCP and PM doctors offices) to either write my name on the cup with a permanant marker or sign a paper and a sticker from it is immediately placed on the urine cup. That is asking for mix ups and contamination and they should know better! Some other person may have gotten your results and be in trouble for having those meds in their urine. I also know that, like other have said, specialized tests are required for some meds and a simple dip test wont show them. I am assuming since they are a regular drs office, they dont do the higher priced test. She needed to ask for that test and if she didnt, thats her fault. Ask her what urine test was performed and ask to see the order and the results to verify she did the right one. You could also have her to call your other doctor. If you take urine tests with him and have never had any problems, that should prove it could be a mix up.
I would also stay on her about the specific test needed before your medications do run out. Either way she still should be willing to give you enough to taper, if nothing else. The only problem being she is not your regular prescriber so she doesnt have to. Have you tried asking the other doctor can he prescribe just a months worth of meds until you can get the insurance situation fixed? He may be willing to, depending on how long you have been seeing him and your relationship with him.
I hate a doctor who will "look down" on a patient for taking their pain medications. So what if she didnt take hers, everyone's pain is different. She of all people should know that. Good for her if she didnt need them, but some people can not live without them and that is not her place to point it out to you. all I can say is UGH! to that comment. She has no right to judge!
I wish you luck and hope you are able to get this resolved.