View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Tall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB User
Re: Can't get PSA to zero

I think he is very innovative while still maintaining a grounded medical/science perspective - a great combination, imho. I can't think of any good reason to not consult with him, other than cost -- I don't think he accepts insurance. His book is somewhat out of date, though - knowledge and treatments have been accumulating rapidly in the past few years. There's no way that a print book can keep up.

Another doctor who has a similar reputation is Dr. Christopher Logothetis at MD Anderson in Houston. He's the Chairman of the Department of Genitourinary Oncology, and is very highly regarded in medical circles although he hasn't written a popular book as Dr. Myers has. It's just my layman's impression, but I think MD Anderson runs more clinical trials on innovative treatments for PC than just about anyone else.

I applaud your decision to seek out the opinions of the best, brightest and most experienced oncologists in the field.

- Allen