View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #30
(male)

Gonzoe HB UserGonzoe HB User
Re: Post Nissen Fundoplication Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalk View Post
Seldom do things happen to us in a vacuum. I am being assessed for an immune deficiency disorder I may have had all my life. It ties in with the GERD and the breathing problems I have as a result of the GERD. Things are better in some ways and so-so in other ways.

I will say I have no more acid coming up felt or silent. There is a huge improvement in that area. I lost my ability to taste as a result of the continual acid and that's getting better at last. Things take time.

I still sleep with my the head of my bed elevated but I no longer need PPIs and for that I'm very grateful.

Life is getting more normal for me. It's not the same normal I knew before the surgery or before GERD or the hernia or gastritis and IBS but it is getting better very slowly.

I do not have any patience. I am learning to have patience. It's either that or croak. I've had a career, raised a beautiful family, have a wonderful husband and am living well in my retirement but I am not a patient person.

The more patience you can practice the better off you will be. I want to get well "yesterday" and that's not how this surgery works whether or not you have extenuating circumstances. And I think most of us do.

When do you see your doctor next and have you asked all the questions you need to ask him? Don't be afraid to. If they can't answer your questions they don't deserve your business. My doc was good about answering questions as far as the NF went. The other stuff was out of his hands and that's where I had to become my own advocate. Don't be afraid to do that either. Stand up for yourself.

I hope this helps.
This is great news. So the hernia caused all thee problems or the diet, mine is just hernia but I don't think fp surgery is just for hernia?

I can't believe you lost your taste buds from acid? Damn I didn't know it can get worst than the problems I have now, which I thought is pretty severe. I get by by thinking positive