View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
(female)

tishaboo HB User
Ulnar Shortening Surgery... how long is recovery?

I just had an ulnar shortening osteotomy & wrist scope surgery done on my right arm and wrist yesterday. The surgery was performed with general anesthesia and they also did a nerve block on my right arm. For about 12 hours after surgery my entire arm from my neck fingers were completely numb. Before the block wore off completely I began taking Vicodin. So far so good.. my recovery is going far better than I expected. I read many horror stories on various blogs about how terrible the pain is during the first 4 to seven days after surgery. I really have not had much pain & I'm very glad about that, Praise God! The only time that I do feel some pain and discomfort is when I get up and around, like going to the bathroom or just doing small tasks. I guess physical therapy will be when the real pain comes???(hopefully not)

My questions are to anyone who has had this surgery before... how long and frequent was your physical therapy and how long did you take off work? I won't see my doctor for my first follow-up for another week and a half. So I would like to hear about your experience and your recovery process from the surgery to physical therapy all the way through complete healing.

The following user gives a hug of support to tishaboo:
MountainReader (01-26-2013)