View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
(female)

ValTech HB User
Re: "Lazy eye" & other things from childhood may be related to MS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Hi and thank you for clarifying for me. There was nothing in your original post which suggested you were, indeed, diagnosed with MS already- thats why I wasnt sure if you were or werent. Obviously, your dx is correct since you were dx via what appears to be proper protocol.

Now, about your post- the things you mentioned in the original post, the ADD and Amblyopia, those do not have anything to do with MS- however, you now added to that by saying you were always so cognitively challenged and had such fatigue and balance problems....Now, you are talking the MS language.

Anything is possible. You may have had MS problems in you earlier childhood which were never dx...I still do not believe there is any chance that having Amblyopia had anything to do with MS....but the rest of it, certainly sounds like something might have been presenting, which no one picked up on.
It may be one of those things which you may never truly know. When I was diagnosed, 8 years ago, I had over 50 lesions all on my brain- no one could understand why I had zero symptoms until my onset symptom which led me to the doctor and within hours, a MRI and a dx. So, we cant know what to look for if we are having random symptoms as children or young adults...
Its unfortunate, but then again, maybe not. 8 years later, looking back, I wouldnt have wanted to know any sooner that I had MS...I try not to think about it now if I can help it....how about you? Would knowing sooner have made any difference in your life?

Nikki
Sorry, sometimes i dont think before I type things(or speak). lol. People get confused when I talk. I dont have a speech impedement or anything like that, i just have a hard time putting into words what im thinking. It will sound good in my head, and then come out differently or not come out at all. I also have a hard time finding the right words. I still struggle cognitively big time, and today I'm having a rough day symptom wise. So if i jump around alot, thats why. lol. Like i said, I have always felt "confused" and had a hard time socially..but I think god gave me my looks to try and make up for it a little at least(sry if that sounded conceeded i didnt mean for it to). Anyway, the answer to your question is Yes, I do think knowing sooner would have made a HUGE difference. Like i said, I was always such a big disappointment to my mother. & since they didnt know anything was wrong with me(like possible childhood MS), I just got labeled as "lazy", "spacy", "clumsy"...etc. So yeah it definitely wouldve made a difference...I also wouldnt have been sooo hard on myself. I hated myself so much and didnt understand why i was different. Anyway, so yeah thats why I am trying to figure it out. Sorry I wasnt more clear! I just got diagnosed in September so its fairly new. Wow, thats alot of lesions!