View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SD Backache HB User
Re: 4Back Surgeries and Still In Pain

I am 58 and was in pretty good shape, actually look more in my 40's. I have had so much therapy, and pretty much received maximum benefit. I am currently taking 2400 mg of neurontin and 60 to 80 mg oxycodone. Was on 8 tramadol's (50 mg each), but they were causing problems with my hands, making the carpal tunnel hand numbness worse, so I weened myself off of those. My surgeon has been acting as my pain management doctor for the time being. He doesn't want to go with any long acting pain meds yet, because he has less control over them. He has mentioned a spinal cord stimulator but I am concerned about further surgeries. Most of the medicines similar to Lyrica, I cannot tolerate. In fact, most medicines I have problems with. I have multiple allergies and cannot take most antibiotics, and steroids cause all kinds of problems with my blood pressure, causing it to raise to very dangerous levels. I am allergic to the vaccine for pneumonia, iv medrosol, anti inflammatories, and most of the medications used for fibromyalgia. One of my friends said, "Getting older isn't for sissies!" How true!