View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

sk587 HB User
General question

Hi guys,
I'm new to the board and just wanted a general opinion from people who may know a bit more than I do.
For about the past two years or so I have been struggling on and off with symptoms that I can't seem to get a diagnosis for - I have been back and forth to the doctors and had a number of blood tests but haven't been given any firm answers.
The pain is frequent but not constant - my muscles feel generally like they are seizing up and like the only way to solve the pain would be to stretch if that makes sense. I regularly get restless leg syndrome and muscle pain all over my body. SOmetimes the pain is manageable but other times I can't walk properly as it hurts to straighten my back. I get the shakes in my hands and my fingers seize up so that I struggle to straighten them.
I went to the doctors and was told that it was likely that I had IBS but that they couldn't confirm anything else.
The pains get worse around the time of my periods and I have recently had a new symptom of shooting pains in my chest and down my arm.
Although I am not a fan of trying to self diagnose I wondered if I could get any advice as to whether this may or may not be fibromyalgia from people who have experienced similar symptoms.
Thanks guys