View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar Shortening Surgery... how long is recovery?

I got myself a wireless mouse for work that allowed me to manipulate things left handed much easier without having to pull the corded mouse around.

As the healing progressed, I was able to do some light typing with my right hand. I was pretty much "winging it" with my right elbow when I did this though because I had to hold my arm in a funny position to get the right angle when I typed. It also threw my shoulder off a bit which wasn't good since I had shoulder surgery a couple years ago. Basically, there are things you will be able to do with your fiberglass cast, but just try not to overdo it.

Good healing.