View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I need help. Please help me!

You really are overthinking this. Eat less. And make the less the more fatty foods. Not that you can't ever have a hamburger again but maybe once a month as a treat. Move more. Do a mix of cardio and weight work. I jog 3 -4 days a week - 2 miles...a slow 2 miles, not a flat out run. Then 2 days a week I go to the gym for weight work. I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes or so first and then do weight work for 30-40 minutes.

I stay away from fried foods as a norm - though I had french fries last night because it was my birthday. Haven't had them in months. About the only sweets I eat are cookies - and fairly plain ones like sugar cookies. I eat a lot of fresh green veggies and fish, chicken and turkey. One pat of butter a day on my AM Toast. Sandwiches (no mayo but mustard is OK). Salads (usually one tablespoon of vinaigrette dressing only). Fairly simple diet and I eat that way all the time except special occasions (holidays, birthdays, etc). I've done this for several decades and I maintain my weight with no problems.