Thread: IBS 20yr Misery
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #72
(male)

counterclockwys HB User
Re: IBS 20yr Misery

Soooo good to hear from you, Seabell !

I didn't accomplish anything!!!!! But what I did do was awesome....I found and followed very good advice. And that advice has made my life AWSOME!!

After six months of tuning and fine tuning my regular "item" schedule is working well. I still take my acacia fiber in the am along with the imodium AD and fennel or rooibos tea. I mix my acacia fiber either in my tea or my oatmeal. I've found that I can NOW throw in 1 day of bacon, eggs, fried potatoes and onions for breakfast by taking just a little more acacia fiber to help the "balance"! Yes, I live for this breakfast.

Lunch for me has almost simply become the "pasta " meal. I have found a wonderful brand of frozen Italian pasta with vegetables....takes three minutes to steam in the bag and voila!...quick, simple pasta lunch. If I really need "quick"...you just can't beat PB&J!

SO....breakfast is easy, lunch is simple, and dinner has become my hardest meal. Its at dinner that i'm my most "man-hungry"! And you know what that means.....almost everything not good for an IBS'er. If I never see a chicken again...it would be ok! But I'm working on it.

We also have been touched by cancer. Our yougest son, Joseph, was diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia at 6 months. After 18 months, 19 major surgeries, thousands of doses of chemo, radiation therapy, blood transfusions and a bone marrow transplant.... God ended his suffering and took him home. As a pastor at the time and with God's grace, I did my son's funeral. It is "behind" us....and we have moved on...yet I sit here typing this to you with tears streaming down my face...and I can't help it. It is always "just " under the surface. That's why I'm so happy for you! Being a survivor is nothing short of a miracle and it is a gift. And I have been touched and blessed by your survivorship....and hope by now that I'm not the only one.

Blessings to you CCW

The following user gives a hug of support to counterclockwys:
seabell (02-04-2013)