View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: scared to ask PM Doc

Hi, I'm so sorry you are being treated this way. Seems like she would have done a nerve conduction study or something before now. When is your next appt? Has she mentioned any type of nerve pain meds like neurontin, lyrica or anything? What kind of pain are you having is it burning, tingling, aching, or what? Does she ask you these types of questions? She should.

If it were me I would be looking for another PM dr ASAP. I mean I'd continue to try to get additional meds from this dr. Because its going to take time to find another I think. I am in no way stating you should get meds from both though lol!

You could go back in there and calmly talk to her about trying some of those above meds. Also let her know that you were so taken aback by the reduction in pain meds you just didn't think to ask her why. Remember she works for you. Just remain calm be respectful. Don't mention finding another dr. Until you're sure that's what you're gonna do.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope the pain lets up some let us know what happens. Cathy