View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Am I on enough cortef? Is it the best option?

The dose of Cortef varies, and some people take it 3 times a day, in AM, mid afternoon and evening to get them through the night and better energy upon awakening. If you need mineralcorticoid as well, for low BP, low sodium and high potassium, that can make one feel exhausted. It is also possible that your thyroid dose is not high enough. ADH, a hormone from the pituitary, might be deficient, causing dehydration and exhaustion. Finally, your testosterone may be low. All these hormones are important in regulating how you feel, and something isn't right. I would try to find the best endocrinologist in your area, often the university health care system has experts in uncommon disorders. All these hormones need checked and carefully regulated by someone who really understands the complexity of the pituitary hormones. I am certain with some additonal testing and tweaking of doses, etc, that you can feel much better and live like a young man your age should. Please give us some followup when you get more info.