Thread: need help
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: need help

Hi Sweetpea

Well. I have never heard of parsonage Turners syndrome before. I did look it up before replying to you and have hope in reading that it can, indeed, just "go away." Just a great variation in the time frames. We are going to hope and pray yours is in a very short time frame, okay? I also read that physical therapy can be of help.

I think something that might help you in regards to the no percocet day starting is to read one of the threads at the top of this Addiction and Recovery Board. It is one of the locked threads at the top and although it is written in regards to tapering, I believe you can still find some good things to help you out. For me there were a couple of super important things that helped... hot baths.. a few a day to help with restless legs if they develop. Even more important were practicing breathing techniques to help calm the anxiety that can erupt. Each time it would hit, I would practice a Lamaze breathing... pull in the air and then let it out in gentle puffs like cooling a hot spoonful of soup. And I would tell myself over and over again... "This is a symptom of my healing" "I am getting stronger and better every day." (My family doctor gave me that mantra).

You can do this, young friend. Yes, you can. Stay in touch as you can. We are all with you.
Hugs
reach