View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

jayda62090 HB User
Exclamation After the loss of my mother, I am terrified of her room and the dark.

I can't even look down the hall to her room. If I wake up during the night to use the restroom I am too scared to move. I have to wake my boyfriend up to turn on every light ahead of me. I don't understand it. I have never had a fear of the dark. This started 2 weeks before she passed. She was moved to hospice and stayed for two weeks. Every doctor told us the same thing. There was no quality or quantity of life anymore. She would never come off the bI pap and would have to have a feeding tube put in and have constant 24 medical care. She had a living will and as her surrogate I had to make the decision to withhold life support (bI pap). But the fear started after the Dr in the ICU of the hospital told me we should "make her comfortable". As he gave me the "end of life talk" I began to panic. Then everytime I was somewhere dark or looking at her room, I had this terror and I would literally run out of her room. I can't seem to control it.