View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User
Re: After the loss of my mother, I am terrified of her room and the dark.

I am so terribly sorry for you loss, may I ask you how long it has been?

I would not be too hard on yourself for now. I am also living with grief over the loss of both my parents, both within 30 days of each other. As time passes, it seems the things that trigger my most difficult emotions have changed. Depending on the time you have been dealing with this, perhaps it is just a phase you will pass through in your own time.

With a good year behind me, I am feeling much better, although not a day goes by that I do not think of them, I can also focus on other things now, and find many more moments of enjoyment with all the things life offer.

Each of us grieve our losses in our own way, and we have to know our parents would not want us to live in fear and sadness any longer than we have to. It is ok to grieve, it is ok to leave time for remembering and paying tribute to our parents, but we also have to take steps to work our way back into our normal lives.

I hope to hear back from you, and learn more about how this fear is standing in your way. With best wishes,