Thread: Car accident
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #40
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Car accident

Gmak

Its funny that you should talk about "balance" within ones life. My rabbi is very big into things like giving support to those that are in need. That need for when someone is going thru health issues etc. But it is not just directed at those that are ill. Think about it. If you are a "caregiver" for someone that is ill, then you too need time for prayer. Being a caregiver is stressful like when taking care of an aging parent. And he believes that we should pray for those that are giving medical attention to those that are in need of help. Those that are "health professionals."

So yesterday he held a class about "mental health" and how our religion views mental health. You can see things written thousands years ago that can still be applied in todays world.

So the class yesterday dealt with Mental health. And then there will be a class next month on "caregives" for those that are taking care of someone that is ill. I took care of both of my parents at the end of life and it was an extremely difficult time as caregiver. Not knowig what to do? Am I making the right medical decisions too?

But my religion believes in Mind-Body-Spiritual connection. It is all interrelated. And yes it is important to maintain "balance in your life." Time for work. Time to sleep; time to enjoy. When one gets off balance it affectes the others

That is where I am now. Emotionally off balance trying to deal with health issues. Thus affecting my sleep. And I am sleep deprived at this point. And I feel physically exhausted.

Its now a matter of trying to find that balance so that there can be harmony. The important thing to remember is "moderation."