Thread: IBS 20yr Misery
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #73
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User
Re: IBS 20yr Misery

(((CCW))) I want to offer my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy to you and your family on the loss of little warrior Joseph. To fight such a battle at such a young age is ... I'm at a loss for words. Just know that I'm sending hugs!

Good for you for your once a week special breakfast. As more time goes on and your tummy continues to heal, you'll find that you will be able to add more and more 'bad' foods to your diet. I still shy away from breakfast. I was never a big breakfast eater, in fact, I remember my Mom forcing me to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast in the morning before school. I love breakfast food: eggs, bacon, home fries... but just not in the morning!

Dinnertime poses no problem for me. I eat beef, chicken, pasta, pizza . Maybe once a week I'll cook pork chops (pork is hard for me to digest so I just have it once, hubby gets the left overs!). I'm back to eating veggies with every meal, salad with most (this is after years of running away in fear of any raw fruit/veggie). I avoid spicy foods and greasy/overly fatty foods just cause I don't like them that much.

Try adding more choices to your dinner meal slowly, and a little bit at a time. If you make a dynamite meat loaf and your stomach tolerates it one night, do not have it the next day (experience speaking now). But do make it again the following week. Bit by bit introduce those problem foods to your system so it gets used to them again.

For the first time in over 15 years, I went out to lunch with gal pals last week. Again, I was like a little kid in a toy store. I wanted everything! And the next day I was out and about with my daughter and we stopped for a slice of pizza and I suddenly remembered I had left my house without taking my imodium! A moment of panic...but my stomach was fine and we were able to continue our day out without any bathroom runs!

xoxo
SB