View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #162
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Hi Booboo,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are ready to work on doing more.

I couldn't imagine going so long without driving. Things are too spread out where I live to make it easy. I even started driving both surgeries at the 2 week mark, cast and all. I will say that even as well as my wrist is doing, I do still have some occassional minor pain when I make movements like with some turns when driving. It isn't too bad though.

We had an ice storm here and got a couple feet of snow in the valleys last week. Now, some snow is melting and the melt is freezing over night. I've been very paranoid about slipping and falling on my wrist. I've been careful, but it is always in the back of my mind. At times, I wonder if I should be wearing my splint on the bad weather days... just in case, not because I need it now.

I'm doing more each week. While it still causes a bit of pain, I've been able to pour a large pitcher of water one-handed. Every new step we make is a success at this point.

Take care.