View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Can anyone give me any thought, Please?

I truly understand how having an invisible pain problem makes people dismiss it or believe it isn't that bad, unfortunately, even some Drs! There are treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome, from antiinflammatories, splints, to cortisone injections in the carpal tunnel, to surgery as last resort. Some occupations cause or aggravate CTS, so it may even be covered under workmen's comp. If your Dr just gave you pain pills, and offered nothing else, he did you a major disservice. Please see a rheum and get appropriate treatment. I just had a CTS injection in one hand, and it helped immensely. You can get both done in about 5-10 minutes and the relief can last for months or longer if you curtail the activities that are aggravating it. Your leg and foot numbness and back pain may be from a degenerated or herniated disc. This can be treated too. Please don't resign yourself to suffering with this, just because other people judge you unfairly. You must have the confidance to ask for what you need, make your voice heard and find a Dr. who will listen to what you say, not judge you on the fact you look normal. Check out "the invisible advocate" literature on the web. It is written by a Colorado lady with MS who really nails the problems associated with invisible illness and describes a patient's feelings very aptly in her brochure, which you can ******** and print or order a hard copy from her. If your CTS or back problem is related to work, by all means see the workmen's comp Dr and ask for an MRI for back and injection for wrists.

Last edited by ladybud; 02-05-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
shahila (02-05-2013)