View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: New here, worried and scared

I think you are getting wayyyy ahead of yourself. That's a really really tiny nodule, and most doctors would just watch and wait with that one, I'm surprised they are going to be able to get it with a needle biopsy---take a ruler and look at 6mm and see how tiny that really is.

The thyroid is a very vascular area, so blood flow isn't that alarming, and calcification isn't that definitive in thyroid cancer as in others.

I think you should consider going to the thyroid board here, and post your thyroid blood work (tsh, tsi antibodies, free t4, free t3) I think you have a thyroid disease, likely hashimotos. This can cause nodules, especially if you aren't on thyroid hormone.

You will be fine, no matter what. I had a much larger nodule (2.5cm) that actually was cancer, and that was 8 years ago, and I'm no worse for the wear. I don't think you have a cancer to worry about, just take it step by step, this is a really small nodule---even if it were, you would likely just remove it and be done with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reece For This Useful Post:
backhurtz (02-06-2013)