View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
(male)

krsn HB User
Help: Looking for Relevant Stats/Information

My gf has just found out she has genital herpes though is still waiting for the swab to come back to specify which type it is. It was a bit of a shock to both of us as we haven't even been going out a month. This and a few other circumstances that I won't go into are making things a little complicated for me as I'm not sure, after such a short period of time together, that committing myself to the possibility of a life long infection is a wise choice.

Thing is we really like each other and personally I don't see it as a major issue as long as the risk of transmission is reasonably low.. My problem is finding out any specific information as I've seen numbers ranging from less then 1% without an outbreak to far far higher again without an outbreak. All of which seems to be anecdotal at best with very few of them citing any objective research. (Protected sex of course.)

I've been gathering as much information as possible so I can make an informed decision on how to procede. I was hoping that some of the more experienced and knowledgeable users on this board could possibly point me in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

k

PS: In saying all this I've read plenty about people being carriers without knowing so I'll be going for a blood test on Monday to check myself out too.

Thanks for reading