Thread: Car accident
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #48
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Follow up on car accident

GMAK:

I forgot to address these issues of the "jerks" that I seem to get. First of all it does seem to only happen to my upper extremities meaning my arms. It does not happen to my whole body at one time.

I guess you can say its like you are surprised the way your body in my case my arms would response when not expecting it. They are to totally INVOLUNTARY in that it seems to be happening when I am ly8ng down watching televisiion. All of a sudden my arm will react or move sometimes like a severe jolt that comes out of the clear blue.

It seems like it can happen several times during the course of the evening then at times it may happen only once or so here and there during the course of the night. It catchs me by surprise an unexpected movement.

Not sure what to make of it. Can there be something pressing against a nerve. Its like picture when you are in the doctors office and they do the knee jerk test. They hit your knee or the knee area to see what reaction you get in the knee after hitting you with that rubber mallet. Sometimes I have a tendency to have a lack of response when they do this but other times my knee will sometimes respond to the test and sort of kick out. Does that makes sense the way I am describing it?

Again it happens on and off. I wouldn't question it if it only happened once, but it was on a number of ocassions that I've noticed it. Not sure if it s something that will continue to happen or will somehow stop. Just wanted to address things. I've found if something happens repeatedly its best not to ignore the symptoms.