View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Cervical mri Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
Pointed out a thin white line in your cord and DIDN'T EXPLAIN?? You need to find someone who will explain, and you need to do it asap...

Dear RDJ, On MRI reports Ive been informed by my dr that white can be CSF & also scar tissue. On the thin white fluid line by spinal cord this may be myelomalacia which can happen to cord with severe compression & it means a softening of the cord or beginning of atrophy to cord but thin "white fluid" line may be CSF.. I do not know about cervical MRIs but i do know that different radiologists say different opinions on viewing the exact same films. I think that asking a spine only neurosurgeon or an orthopedic surgeon that limits his practice to spine only to give a proper explanation & evaluation of your films. Also, many people including myself had/have spine surgery to relief the massive pain but spine surgery is predominately done for nerve decompression whose symptoms are radiating pain down extremity, pins & needles, numbness & even after spine surgery & decompression it can take a year for the compressed nerves to lose inflammation & heal again to normal & depending on how severely compressed & how long compressed before surgery residual permanent nerve damage can occur. Also a good question for the surgeon is about pain after surgery caused by facet arthritis, SI joint arthritis &/or nerve root irritation from overdoing it or stability problems from bone removal or hardware rubbing bone or osteophyte formation. So,
when you see each surgeon ask about the aforementioned & make sure that the drs suggestion is completely clear to you so that you are making an informed choice.

Last edited by gmak; 02-09-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typos