Thread: Incontinence
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Sara23321 HB User
Unhappy Incontinence

Hi there,

I'm a new poster. I've had various digestive problems for years including constipation and hemorrhoids. . I finally saw a gastroenterologist who put me on nightly miralax. Shortly after this I started having mild fecal incontinence. I just recently saw a colorectal surgeon who told me I needed a hemorrhoidectomy and also to remove a skin tag I had in the area. I asked him about the incontinence and he thought it was possible the surgery would take care of that as well.

I am now 10 days post op from the hemorrhoidectomy. It's been incredibly painful but I'm healing. The first 8 days the incontinence disappeared completely. I only had a little bit of bleeding. Starting last night it has returned
I am so completely unhappy and in despair. Honestly the only reason I went through this was thinking it would solve the incontinence. I don't like the pain of the hemorrhoids but I could have lived with it. I just don't know what to do now.

He wants to do some kind of test with a balloon and I don't know what exactly that entails. I don't know what they can do to stop this.... if there's even worse surgery out there, I honestly don't know if I could handle anything else done now. Has anyone else experienced this and has any hope for me?

I was so excited it was gone for 8 days.. i felt so much better about myself and not so gross. I don't know why it came back? It was like completely gone?

Any help and info and encouragement would be most welcome. I'm very, very depressed right now. Thank you.

Personal info: I am in my late forties and in generally good health.

Last edited by Sara23321; 02-09-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: adding general info

Sponsors Lightbulb