Thread: Incontinence
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

Sara23321 HB User
Unhappy Incontinence

Hi there,

I'm a new poster. I've had various digestive problems for years including constipation and hemorrhoids. . I finally saw a gastroenterologist who put me on nightly miralax. Shortly after this I started having mild fecal incontinence. I just recently saw a colorectal surgeon who told me I needed a hemorrhoidectomy and also to remove a skin tag I had in the area. I asked him about the incontinence and he thought it was possible the surgery would take care of that as well.

I am now 10 days post op from the hemorrhoidectomy. It's been incredibly painful but I'm healing. The first 8 days the incontinence disappeared completely. I only had a little bit of bleeding. Starting last night it has returned
I am so completely unhappy and in despair. Honestly the only reason I went through this was thinking it would solve the incontinence. I don't like the pain of the hemorrhoids but I could have lived with it. I just don't know what to do now.

He wants to do some kind of test with a balloon and I don't know what exactly that entails. I don't know what they can do to stop this.... if there's even worse surgery out there, I honestly don't know if I could handle anything else done now. Has anyone else experienced this and has any hope for me?

I was so excited it was gone for 8 days.. i felt so much better about myself and not so gross. I don't know why it came back? It was like completely gone?

Any help and info and encouragement would be most welcome. I'm very, very depressed right now. Thank you.

sara

Personal info: I am in my late forties and in generally good health.

Last edited by Sara23321; 02-09-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: adding general info