View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
(female)

rosrob HB User
Re: Help me out how to lower cholesterol with diet

Hello

Avacados - been proven to lower cholesterol in 7 days. But it doesnt mean you can just eat advocados and an unhealthy diet...incorporate them into your very health diet......

Apparently.....exercise and diet.

Try to have a diet consisting only/mainly......loads of fruits, vegetables, oats - porridge....nuts (plain nuts...not the salted and roasted variety) salmon, beans and lentils...brown rice....whole foods....substitute ordinary potatoes for sweet potatoes.......use olive oil.......DARK CHOCOLATE. maybe put a small amount of cinnamon in your tea etc..........use skimmed milk for tea and porridge........you can have some very lean - grass fed red meat sometimes but not too often........take an omega 3 supplement.........spices in your cooking is good....cumin etc..........some juices like cranberry and flash pateurised pomegranite juice is good...pom pure...etc.....

You might want to use something like benecol on your wholemeal bread etc...

Also, its not just a case of cutting out the bad stuff...you have to fill up on the good stuff which raises your good cholesterol the hdl.......and cutting out the bad stuff can lower the LDL - the bad stuff etc........

I am no expert but i hope this helps........telling you about diet isnt to say that any of this is your fault......some people struggle with cholesterol through no fault of their lifestyle.........good luck...