View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
(female)

joemama125 HB User
Re: Sulphur burps, vomiting and diarrhea: recurring

WOW. As soon as I read the words "fruit punch" I said "NO WAY..."
Fruit punch is one of the few foods I've sworn off because one of my worst sulfur burp/vomit episodes was after I had fruit punch.
I had been having the episodes since I was 10 or 11. They were few and far between but as I got older, they increased. As many others stated, there seemed to be no reason. My older sister and younger brother were fine. When I was 17 I had my gallbladder removed due to stones and these "attacks." I went from having 2-3 episodes a month to maybe once a year.

Just a week ago I had the worst episode that I've ever experienced, which led to me resorting to the internet again. There is actually more about this now than there used to be, which is saying something since there isn't much now either. It is hard for me to say the whole thing is gallbladder related, especially hearing it happened to your 3 children all at once. I DID just read someone with the same problem went to an allergist and it turned out she was allergic to 20 different foods. One of the allergies she mentioned was to dill. This struck me as odd as my grandma had just confided in me that she added dill juice to something we had just ate. Right before I got sick. So now I'm curious and anxious to see an allergist...

It sounds to me like your 3 kids had an allergic reaction to something they ate. I highly recommend making a food journal for whenever your kids get sick and write down EVERYTHING they've had for the past 48 hours or so, since my episodes had very subtle symptoms a day before the burps and vomiting started, which mean it could have been the previous day's meals. Do you remember what your children ate before they got sick? I finally feel like I'm getting closer to answers after reading these posts! I can't wait until I have health insurance in April to go get tested!!!!