View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
(female)

Jamilla7 HB User
Re: Kind of an IBS newbie, feeling very lost & hopeless...

Hi,
I read your post and just had to reply. I do know how you are feeling. I wish I could talk to you in person, but I can tell you there is hope. I have struggled with IBS for 25 yrs. It can get better. So much of it is in how you deal, your frame of mind. Worry and stressing make it so much worse. I learned that the hard way. It's hard not to, I know. I was first going to suggest, getting another doctor, but it sounds like you have been to more than one. I know they don't help you. I was so upset and lost after leaving doctor's offices. We cannot rely on them for help. They just can't do anything. It is a mysterious syndrome. It has no rhyme or reason. It has phases of " I'll just act up a little, to, " I'm going to make you suffer horribly" I was like you, hopeless. I am here to tell you not to give up. I use something now called "Colon Pure" It helps me tremendously! It regulates you, but you must find the right dosage you need for your body. Try the recommended dosage then go up or down from there as you see the need. Also, I guess you know the general triggers for IBS. Sugar, fried foods, dairy,(even if you are not lactose intolerant) Here again, each person can have different triggers. Worry and stress is your worst enemy! I tell myself each day," I'm going to eat sensibly but also what I like to eat, and not worry about it." It takes time to be able to say that and mean it. You can do it though! The mind has such power over the body, positive or negative! If I can help you anymore, please let me know. I was all alone when I was going through hell with mine. I would have given anything for someone to talk to that had gone through it as well and could have offered me something hopeful. I'm here. God bless you.